Thursday 28 January 2010

Thriller film audience research

What I want to find out:
1. What the audience expects from a thriller
2. What is the scariest opening?
3. What is an ideal location for an opening?
4. Should the opening be graphic?
5. Should the opening create enigma?

How am I going to find out?
I am going to find the results through a quick interview.

What I expect to find out:
1. I think that the audience will expect an exciting film opening that will have them on the edge of their seat, making them want to find out what happens.
2. I presume that the audience will either say; torture, rape, car chase or robbery.
3. I’m expecting the interviewee to say either a train station or a large bridge.
4. I am very curious as to what this answer will be but I think it may be that the audience don’t want the opening to be too graphic to aid suspense or the opposite and let the audience know what is going to happen.
5. The audience will either want the opening to create enigma or start all guns blazing and let the audience what is in stall.

1 comment:

  1. The proposal is fine but I wanted you to suggest five ways of finding out! You need to do more than 1 'quick' interview.

    ReplyDelete